Monday, March 30, 2009

My dowry

So the first thing my dad ever said to Nick was "It takes 13 chickens and 2 cows to marry my daughter." Well I don't know that he ever thought someone would take him up on that...


















That's 13 baby chicks and two large pieces of beef brisket (in the third picture...you can't really see them)! Technically Nick should have asked my dad FIRST, but he knew that as soon as I knew he had the ring (we picked it out together) I would always expect it.
The lady at the feed store almost didn't sell Nick the chicks because he walked in and said "What do I need to do to keep them alive for a couple of hours?" Nice! He finally had to call his friend Neil, who raises chickens, and Neil agreed to take them.
So my dad got his chickens and his cows, oh and gave us his blessing! So we are getting married December 26th in Las Vegas (it's our anniversary so don't bitch about the date)! Everyone is welcome to come, just leave us alone after the 26th because it will be our honey moon!! haha! And if you can't make it (don't want to make it) don't worry! we will have a reception sometime shortly after we get back where you can see photos, eat cake (vegan i'm sure), and give us gifts!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

You've got to have more than a vegan cake! You can have a little vegan cake but we want chocolate or something else too!

Angie said...

I wouldn't have sold him chicks under those circumstances either! Send them to me!

It's cute - congrats. Roger and I will no longer be the "Vegas-Baby" outsiders.

Frankie said...

Congrats baby!

That's fantastic...damn, now I am the only sibling without chicks.

Mikey.....!!!!

This will go over well, I can't even get him to let me have a pygmy goat, even when I told him it would double as a lawnmower!