Monday, April 27, 2009

Angie's 16th birthday vehicle

Let's take a moment to remind everyone what I got for my 16th birthday.

All I wanted when I turned 16 was a Toyota truck. I was given a real Toyota key, and told that my truck was waiting for me in the garage.
This is what I found.

Might I remind everyone that I never got a vehicle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Move forward 17 years, and I re-tell the story to Spenser on his 16th Birthday.
But instead of "Your truck is in the garage" - I give him a key and tell him "Your truck is in Uncle Shawn's garage."
He replied "You would never do that to me", and he had to wonder all the way over if his truck was real - or looked like this.
Ironically - I bought Spenser a 1987 truck ... which would have been brand new when I turned 16.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Can i just say, that is one sweet outfit! Lol

Angie said...

Yeah... I didn't go out in public like that.
I just slipped on the boots in excitement to go see my new truck.

Whitney said...

sure...thats what they all say :) hehe

Anonymous said...

you look pretty sweet...but then again i look at old photos of me and groan! i still love this story!

Shawn (The Main Man) said...

Nice truck and nice set of boots.