Well it appears that the scientist didn't know.
Turns out that I spent 20 years thinking Spenser has blue eyes, and he doesn't.
They are hazel ... like his mothers.
The conversation at dinner last night went something like this.
"Dude ... my eyes turn green sometimes - and I don't know why ... it's totally cool" He then goes on to tell me that he can't figure out how to MAKE it happen.
Now... if I was quicker on my feet I would have given him some crazy story about a certain combination of food when its below 50 degrees and a 45% humidity. But I didn't ... I just said... "wear green".
Now eye color is mostly easy science. However science has recently discovered it's not as simple as the punnett square we all learned. Greens and hazel have always lied outside the square, and its now understand that that some of these occur from epistasis... which is an interaction between the genes. They are also discovering that eye color genes may actually have varying level of colors that thus allow for freaky things to happen. Like brown eyes to two blue eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment