Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Missing my boys

  1. My son is gone and his situation is not working as he had hoped. He is trying to make this work for Madison.  I've never seen him so miserable. 
  2. My husband is living in terrible conditions. Sleeping on a top bunk in a tent with 20 men and sometimes doesn't even have water for a shower.  He works 12+hours/day, 7 days/week.  
  3. I still struggle with the loss of my dog... every single day.

I do NOT struggle with living alone. My husband likes to brag that he continues to make me self sufficient.  I struggle with the death of my best friend and the fact that my other boys are living in such miserable conditions. I can't help Spenser or Roger and I can't bring Ripley back. I have none of them to distract me from the loss of any of them.

Here I sit in this big house.  From the outside I look like I'm living the American Dream, but I've lost both my mamma's boys and my husband lives in a war zone.

I'm very thankful for what I have, and have little reason to complain. I just deal better with distraction... and really how many gallons of canned foods can I really eat?

1 comment:

Sissy said...

I assumed with the level of canning you have been doing that you had insider knowledge of impending end of the world scenarios.

I feel better knowing it's just to keep busy,..

I wish you were home every single day, I worry about you so far away - no matter how self sufficient he makes you.