Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Korean Thanksgiving

Chuseok is this weekend. It's similar to Thanksgiving, and has something to do with the moon... The holiday was in China as well, but instead of a 3-day holiday, it was only "leave work early" day. Chuseok last year, I bummed around the house. This year, I will be seeing the friends who origniated from Seoul, since they won't have to travel home to see their family. They will be just as bored as I after the one morning event. I bought chocolate truffles for gifts... I love Costco. It's about the only place that I can get American stuff at near American prices. In reality, the import fees here are not that high. The problem is that Koreans have linked "good stuff" to "insanely high prices". Could you imagine buying a pair of basic Levis (nothing special, just flat basic) for $125? I thought I remember them being 30 or 40, when they aren't on sale... I just learned of Costco existing here a few months ago. Last night, I picked up Torellini, Pesto Sauce (at a whopping $17), a bag of dog food, truffles, mini photo albums (covered with hello kitty-but it's blue so it's manly), Ceasar Chicken wraps and Oh Boy Oberto jerky!!!
They still have costco hotdogs here, but I didn't get one because my coworker Geoff is on a 10-day cleansing diet where he only drink lemonade with cayan pepper.... I think he's stranger than anyone in my family...
I woke early today because the building manager had to come to change my lighting fixture. It took a whole 20 seconds, and so I had some spare time to come visit here. Now, I want to go back to Banya's bed and rest for another 25 minutes! I think the gym makes me tired, my buddy keeps adding more stuff for me to do... as if the gym is my life. I'm down to 78kg, that's about 172lbs. My goal is 165 (75kg) then I'll be the same as in highschool. He keeps insisting that I do more (he likes my *form*) so I insist he learns ballet... because that's where the great *form* comes from. I think he's caving in and finally accepting that dancing may be what created the fluidity of movement that I have.
The gym has become my life... I guess it keeps me from spending money during the weekdays. This month, credit card pulled out what I spent in America. I don't want to spend too much this month anyway.

No comments: