Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Job Opportunity

I am moving into a new job opportunity in the next couple weeks. Still within Boeing but with a lot more visibility and a lot more opportunities.

The company is upgrading one of our computer systems at the end of 2009. They are looking for a 'few good people' to train to become what they call...Super SME's. (Don't ask why, I guess it stands for Super Subject Mater Expert). Anyways, my name was added to the list. I was confirmed throughout the Renton Wing Division all the way up to my 3rd level management. Out of all of Renton...I got the job.

The company will train me for the next year on the new program and at the end of 2009 I come back and train the rest of the SCA's and will run as a lead after that. It's an upgrade (which means more money), a lot of visibility and a lot of responsibility.

Now that it's been announced I can begin to get the cold shoulder, the evil eye and the nasty comments from my co-workers. Whooppee!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats - it's lonely at the top.

Angie said...

Not that I would know.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! What's the new title? Being the lead has its ups and downs, but training is the most fun part of my job. Not that there aren't remedial students everywhere who will irritate the crap out of you!

Does this mean you guys are forever in Renton?