Thursday, November 13, 2008

What to do with me - when I die.

Spenser and I have talked about things like this lately. We often talk about being so far from family - and what would happen if something happened to one of us.
It made me realize that as a family - do we know what each other wants? Do our spouses and children know what we want if we were to die tomorrow?
Do any of you have living wills, medical proxy's - or trusts for your children? We don't, we've talked about it, but we don't. After seeing what Sharon when through - I have realized that this is something Roger and I have to do for our children. My son will struggle enough if I were to go tomorrow.... this choice I can make for him now.
I've signed up for an attorney service through work - and this is one of my goals for 2009.
However right now - as a family I am going to tell you my wishes.
Spenser and I both want to be buried in a "Natural" way. Many of you probably remember that I used to want to be dropped off in the Amazon to be eaten by animals. Even long before I was green - I wanted to "give my carbon back".
I've now found a new way... a green burial. I want to be put in a cheap box (maybe not quite cardboard), and placed into a green cemetery - with a tree planted over me. Make it a pretty good size tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankie and I had signed health directives, indicating what we wanted regarding prolonging life. We have to redo that since the witness has passed (my mom). We also need to get that stuff in order. We both want to be cremated so that makes it easy. I like the idea of going green to the grave.

Anonymous said...

Yep...Mikey and I want to be cremated. Half of our ashes in Cabo, half in Hawaii.

Actually, Mikey would like his ashes dumped in Yankee stadium...I have to try and figure out how to pull that one off. If he pisses me off before he dies, I'm dumpin' his ass in Fenway Park.

Angie said...

Funny thing... My FF miles go to Boston, but not to NY - True - I checked.
Right in front of the Green Monster -- just short.