I am so looking forward to the Boeing break...12 whole days off!!! It's a sad state of affairs when this is what I am living for right now...*sigh*. 12 glorious days to get stuff done that doesn't involve anything about a freakin' airplane or office politics, this is a good thing.
The list is long and ambitious, and Mikey has accepted the mission. Accepted...drafted...whatever. We will be painting, hanging things, weeding out, cleaning up, filing away and generally being productive members of society. Yes, it might be a sickness... Please feel free to drop by with a paintbrush or hammer anytime...;-).
We are feeling very relieved about the whole Christmas moratorium thing...didn't really get a ton of grief except from Kerry...who is apparently channeling my mother and the guilt thing. Who knew? I did make an exception and pull out my brand new Christmas bear and put him in the barstool where the moose usually resides. Lola is messing with him non-stop, she's pretty sure I bought that for her. I have a basket on the kitchen table...she's pretty sure I bought THAT for her too. Every time I walk into the kitchen, she is passed out in that basket and she is too stinkin' cute to beat, although it has been considered.
Cats are good, dogs are good, kids are..."less dumb" than last year...hahaha. It looks like Mikey's job got funding through all of 09, so we appear to be fairly secure in the jobs for at least another year, so we are thankful for that.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Eight days, and a wake-up for me. Then I get my 24 day break from this place. I'm living for the break as well. Things will be very different when I return...
Post a Comment