Monday, December 22, 2008

Mail

I like getting mail. It's the only proof that I'm still a member of society. Sometimes I buy stuff, and subscribe to magazines just so I get something. Angie and the web are my lifeline.

Today I received a nice package from Kerry and family. A large tin of her Almond Rocca, a card, and some beef jerky. Thank you Snells from Monroe! Much appreciated.

I get to escape this place in 6 days. I'll be in the US on the morning of the 29th. With some luck I'll get some sleep so the jet lag will be minimal. THey will havae booze, so I should get to sleep -- staying that way is the only problem. The flight is about 16 hours total, and with the 8 hour time difference, I will leave at 9pm and arrive at 6:30am the next morning. It's much longer than the 9:30 minutes it looks like on paper.

I'm looking forward to seeing family. I have to wait a week before I get to see the new member of the family...

No comments: