Monday, August 11, 2008

Cakes, cakes, and more cakes (plus one tart)

So I told you I don't do writting yet...well here's my attempt. Not TOO bad...but it will improve. This was a weird order...the man wanted an angel food cake filled with strawberries. well you don't really cut an angel food cake and fill it because it's a bunt cake, so I just filled the center (aka big whole in the middle) with strawberries and frosted it. It's a strawberry whipped topping.




Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse!!











      • Vanilla cake with strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and a whipped cream frosting!



      • Vanilla cake, whipped frosting, strawberries and blueberries







      • These two refused to be seperated...the tart is a shortbread crust with pastry cream (vanilla) and fresh fruit. The cake is a vanilla cake filled with lemon curd (that's what's on top as well) and frosted with lemon buttercream.




      A different angle on the third cake (it also didn't want to move!)







      • Vanilla cake with strawberries, blueberries, and vanilla buttercream



      • carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and pecans slathered on the side!




      • A lot of the cakes have fruit on them since it's summer and it's in season...they really help hide flaws that a young cake decorator may have in her cake, same with the pecans! :)




      5 comments:

      Angie said...

      Wow, those look great J.

      Don't worry about the picture layouts - blogger is weird about pictures sometimes.

      We appreciate your participation.

      Angie said...

      Hey family...
      Has she made any cakes for you??

      Whitney said...

      I have had some other bakery treats that she has made, but no cake yet, I will expect one next time though! :) They look great J! Now you can make Cam his first birthday cake! (only to have it destroyed by tiny fat fingers)

      Anonymous said...

      Yum...I feel the urge to go crash down the bakery doors!!!

      Anonymous said...

      Hey wait....is J the tart she was talking about in the title? ;-)

      And no...we haven't seen anything but challah bread.