Gym scenario Thursday held some new surprises...
I'll first start out with the gossipy stuff. When I finsihed, I took a shower. Toward the end of the shower, another lady came in. I started to dry off on the far side of the wall and the woman peed in the shower... I didn't SEE it, can you GUESS how I knew? And then she walked over toward me like nothing, got something and went back. That's pretty gross... she could have waited a minute for me to leave the shower so I'd be ignorant of it -_-
After I left the gym, I got a turkey sandwich. When walking back to my house, I saw a guy from the gym-the tallest guy with a lot of muscle. He was smoking up a storm while getting into his car. How can a person go to the gym for a couple hours, pumping 40lbs dumbells, just to go outside and smoke? -_-
Me, my belly muscles are sore! I asked my trainer about a stomach exercise (maybe I shouldn't have) and was told to do 15 and thought "not hard". After the first set, I was told "3 sets" (of 15=45). I think I almost died! I asked why he told my coworker (Who hates me because her male friend seemed to like me-and trainer knows about it) only had to do 3 sets of 3 when I had to do 3 sets of 15. I was told "Because you are Jennifer". That made me smile, but not enough to make up for the outcome!!! He thinks I'm like some sort of gladiator (which I suppose I am compared to Korean women) but I couldn't do 3 sets of 15. I did 15... then 12... then 10 and about collapsed. I sat there for maybe 5 minutes? Couldn't pick myself up off the ground...
And the trainer just smiled and laughed!!!! I'm glad that my suffering is his satisfaction.
Friday, my coworker had his birthday dinner. After dinner (which I could only eat half of) I went to the gym, bringing my trainer the left overs. Since I get yelled at and lectured if I eat a big meal, I like to donate evidence that I didn't eat it all. Besides, he seems to be a mind (or belly) reader. I get changed and come out and he comes over, folding towels, "You ate a big dinner?" and all I can do is smirk. It seems to cause him physical pain when I eat too much for dinner. I wonder, does it really show? -_- Can everyone tell? So, I didn't have much time on Friday-but he required me to do those tummy exercises again. He was laughing the whole time... I said no. He said "Ok, 3 sets of 12" I said no, he said yes, and continued the litte yes no game. Then he said "Ok, 3 sets of 10" and sat there watching. I made him go away and.... I got to number 8 and about died. And he enjoyed it -_- He says I can rest for the weekend, and Monday back to work.
I told him he's going to make me look like a man... my arms are getting huge! I used 3kg dumbells for curls, I think its maybe 7lbs, on each side. I told him my arms were too big and he said "It's ok". It kind of shocked me because every other man in Korea tells me I'm fat, because I don't look like Korean girls. I've been told I need to be 60kg. That's under 135lbs. It's not gonna happen. Trainer is satisfied with my goal of 75kg. He's never called me fat, just keeps telling me I'm losing weight-it's nice to know someone who's so positive. I also get a [delicious] duck the trainer's mom cooks the next time he comes over to eat steak. It's my reward.
*On a side note, I seem to have learned dad's steak cooking skills by osmosis. I make the best steak I've ever tasted (might be australian meat too) and people get angry when they don't get invited to one of my BBQs. First try, I made awesome steak :) But I wish my grill was bigger than my dog....
SO, that's what I do Monday-Friday. Usually, I don't suffer so much because when he adds exercise to my daily routine, it's normal expectation. This week I'm getting a break on things that irritate my back because I have back muscles problems again-gonna get a massage maybe Tuesday since I got paid yesterday. This place is run by a chiropractor and she does a good job-and it's only 30 bucks!
This is long, and I need a shower -_- Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment